Mechanisms of relaxation of elastic stresses in the process of growth of nanoparticles and microcrystals with disclination defects in electrocrystallization of fcc metals
- 75 Downloads
Results of experiments on determination of different mechanisms of relaxation of fields of elastic stresses connected with disclination-type defects in the process of growth of nanoparticles and microcrystals with pentagonal symmetry, which form due to electrocrystallization of fcc metals, are discussed. The effectiveness of the use of the disclination approach for analysis of the experimental data obtained is considered.
KeywordsTwin Boundary Elastic Stress Whisker Crystal Small Metallic Particle Pentagonal Symmetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Nepiiko, Physical Properties of Small Metallic Particles [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. I. Petrov, Clusters and Small Mechanical Particles [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Vikarchuk and A. P. Volenko, “Copper pentagonal crystals, variety of their forms and growth, and special features of internal state,” Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 47(2), 339–344 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.R. De Witt, “Partial disclinations,” J. Phys. C: Solid State Phys., 5, 539–534 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Vladimirov and A. E. Romanov, Disclinations in Crystals [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.I. S. Yasnikov and A. A. Vikarchuk, “On the problem of existence of voids in icosahedral small metallic particles of electrolytic origin,” Pis’ma Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz., 83(1), 46–49 (2006).Google Scholar
- 10.I. S. Yasnikov and A. A. Vikarchuk, “The thermodynamics of void formation in pentagonal crystals in the process of electrodeposition of copper,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz., 69(9), 1378–1382 (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.I. S. Yasnikov, “Relaxation of internal fields of elastic stresses in pentagonal microscopic tubes in the process of their growth due to electrocrystallization of copper,” Vestnik Samara Gos. Tekhn. Univ., Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauki, No. 38, 90–95 (2005).Google Scholar