Methods for Analyzing Deformation and Fracture Processes of Thin-Walled Parts from Low-Strength Alloys
- 20 Downloads
The presented complex methods for analyzing the processes of deformation and fracture, including the evaluation of process ductility and measurement of crack resistance characteristics, are based on joint analysis of loading diagrams, acoustic emission signals, and fractures of articles fabricated from low-strength alloys. The possibilities of the methods in evaluation of fracture resistance of thin-walled parts from zirconium alloys are shown.
KeywordsZirconium Ductility Acoustic Emission Transport Phenomenon Fracture Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Nikulin and V. G. Khanzhin, “Monitoring of materials, processes and technologies by the method of measuring acoustic emission,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., 4, 40–48 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Nikulin, M. A. Shtremel', V. G. Khanzhin, et al., in: Acoustic Emission: Standards and Technology Update, ASTM STP 1353 (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Nikulin, “Two variants of deterioration of yielding stability upon tension and ductility of alloys, Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 81, Issue 3, 36–49 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Shtremel' and S. A. Nikulin, “Evaluation of toughness from macrogeometry of specimens,” Zavod. Lab., No. 4, 36–40 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Nikulin, M. A. Shtremel', and B. M. Fateev, “Evaluation of the anisotropy of crack resistance from macrogeometry of specimens,” Zavod. Lab., No. 6, 45–47 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Nikulin and V. G. Khanzhin, Zavod. Lab., No. 2, 61–63 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Nikulin, V. G. Khanzhin, A. V. Babukin, et al., “Evaluation of crack resistance of zirconium cladding pipes tested with measurement of acoustic emission,” in: Strength of Inhomogeneous Structures, Abs. Rep. 2nd Workshop, Moscow, April 20–22 [in Russian], Moscow (2004), p. 64.Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Nikulin, V. G. Khanzhin, A. B. Rozhnov, and M. M. Peregud, “Effect of hardening of zirconium alloys on SCC in an iodine-bearing medium,” in: Strength of Inhomogeneous Structures, Abs. Rep. 2nd Workshop, Moscow, April 20–22 [in Russian], Moscow (2004), p. 25.Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Khanzhin, M. A. Shtremel', and S. A. Nikulin, Defectoskopiya, No. 4, 35–40 (1990).Google Scholar