Zirconium alloys in nuclear power engineering
- 178 Downloads
Results of studies of zirconium alloys É110 and É635 that have served in parts of VVÉR-1000 reactors are presented. The influence of the composition on the properties of alloys É110 and É635 is studied and improved modifications are suggested. The effect of the total content of admixtures in alloy É110 on corrosion and embrittlement of pipes under conditions simulating LOCA is investigated.
KeywordsZirconium Total Content Transport Phenomenon Power Engineering Zirconium Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Nikulina, “Zirconium alloys for core elements of reactors with water under pressure,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 8, 7–13 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.M. I. Solonin, Yu. K. Bibilashvili, A. V. Nikulina, et al., “Zirconium alloy for fuel rod assemblies of new generation of VVÉR,” in: Int. Topical Meeting “Top Fuel’99,” Avignon, France, 13–15 Sept., 1999 (1999), pp. 165–177.Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Kon’kov, A. V. Nikulina, M. M. Peregud, et al., “Factors affecting external and internal reactor corrosion of zirconium claddings of fuel elements,” in: Int. Workshop of Water Chemistry and Intrareactor Corrosion, Czech Republic, 1999, IAEA-TECDOC-1128 (1999), pp. 103–113.Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Konovalov, V. L. Molchanov, M. L. Solonin, et al., “Nuclear fuel for power reactors,” in: Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Coll. Reports [in Russian], Minatom RF, Moscow (2000), pp. 89–100.Google Scholar
- 5.P. V. Shebaldov, M. M. Peregud, A. V. Nikulina, et al., “E110 alloy cladding tube properties and their interrelation with alloy structure-phase condition and impurity content,” in: 12th Int. Symp. “Zr in the Nuclear Industry,” ASTM, STP-1354 (2000), pp. 545–558.Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Nikulina, V. A. Markelov, M. M. Peregud, et al., “Zirconium alloy E635 as a material for fuel rod cladding and other components of VVER and BBMK cores,” in: 11th Int. Symp. “Zr in the Nuclear Industry,” ASTM, STP-1295 (1996), pp. 785–804.Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Shishov, M. M. Peregud, A. V. Nikulina, et al., “Influence of zirconium alloy chemical composition on microstructure formation and irradiation induced growth,” in: 13th Int. Symp. “Zr in the Nuclear Industry,” ASTM, ATP-1423 (2002), pp. 779–788.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. K. Bibilashvili, N. B. Sokolov, L. N. Andreeva-Andrievskaya, et al., “Thermomechanical properties of zirconium-based alloys oxidized claddings in LOCA simulating conditions,” in: Proc. IAEA Tech. Committee Meeting “Fuel Behavior under Transient and LOCA Conditions,” Halden, Norway, 10–14 Sept., IAEA-TECDOC-1320 (2001), pp. 186–208.Google Scholar