Identification of a Segment of the Yield Surface of a Two-Layer Pa38/M2R Composite
- 41 Downloads
The aim of this study was to identify the initial yield surface of a two-layer aluminum alloy-copper composite in the range of small elastic-plastic deformations. Experimental tests in a plane stress state were conducted by loading tubular composite specimens with various combinations of axial forces and torque. The metal layers were joined together by using an epoxy resin. Independent studies were carried out for component of the composite under identical conditions. The yield surfaces obtained were compared with those given by the Huber–von Mises–Hencky and Tresca–Guest yield criteria. The yield criterion for the tested composite found by using a modified form of the rule of mixtures is presented. The yield surfaces of a Pa38/M2R composite and its components demonstrated the isotropic hardening.
Keywordsmechanical properties two-layer metal composite yield surface complex stress state
This paper was prepared as a part of the research project No. S/WM/1/2013 of Bialystok University of Technology financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- 1.K. Ikegami, “Experimental Plasticity andn the Anisotropy of Metals,” in Mechanical Behavior of Anisotropic Solids/Comportment Méchanique des Solides Anisotropes, J.-P. Boehler, Ed. Springer Netherlands, 1982, pp. 201–242.Google Scholar
- 2.P. D. A. Phillips and R. L. Sierakowski, “On the concept of the yield surface,” Acta Mech., 1, No. 1, 29-35 (1965).Google Scholar
- 19.PN-EN 12020-2:2008E, “Aluminium i stopy aluminium - Kształtowniki precyzyjne wyciskane ze stopów EN AW-6060 i EN AW-6063- Część 2: Dopuszczalne odchyłki wymiarów i kształtu.” Polski Komitet Normalizacyjny, Warszawa (2008).Google Scholar
- 20.PN-H-74586-02:1977P, “Miedź i stopy miedzi - Rury ciągnione - Wymiary.” Polski Komitet Normalizacyjny, Warszawa (1977).Google Scholar
- 21.J. R. Davis, Tensile testing. ASM international, (2004).Google Scholar
- 23.R. Uscinowicz, “Influence of loading rate on hardening process of Al-Zn metal layered composite,” Mater. Des., 32, No. 8–9, 4316–4326 (2009).Google Scholar