Markov model for analyzing the residual static strength of a fiber-reinforced composite
- 24 Downloads
The possibility of using a unified mathematical model, based on the theory of Markov chains, to describe the distribution of the conditional fatigue limit at a fixed number of loading cycles and the residual strength of a specimen after cyclic loading is demonstrated. Numerical examples are presented.
Keywordscomposite fiber fatigue life strength program loading
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.A. M. Freudenthal and E. J. Gumbel, “Physical and statistical aspects of fatigue,” Adv. Appl. Mech. Vol. IV, Academic Press, New York (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Bolotin, Statistical Methods in Structural Mechanics [in Russian], GSM, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Kemeny and J. Snell, Finite Markov Chains [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Yu. Paramonova, M. A. Kleinhof, and Yu. M. Paramonov, “Binomial version of Markov model of fatigue life of composite with two reasons for failure,” Aviation, 8, No. 2, 15–20 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Kleinhof, Yu. Paramonov, and A. Paramonova, “Regression model based on Markov chain theory for composite fatigue curve approximation,” Acta Commentat. Univ. Tartuensis Math., 8, 143–153 (2004).Google Scholar