A Phase Method of Comparison of the Instantaneous Values of the Frequencies of Quasi-Harmonic Signals
- 37 Downloads
The present article considers a method of phase comparison of the instantaneous values of the frequencies of quasi-harmonic signals with slowly varying parameters, based on a parametric algorithm for estimation of the lag angle. It is shown that the errors of the method are comparable with the errors of the classical quadrature heterodyne method in comparing signals with constant frequency difference. The advantage of the proposed method lies in a four-fold reduction in the number of computational operations. The theoretical conclusions are supported by numerical and field experiments.
Keywordsphase comparator instantaneous value of frequency analog-to-digital converter digital synthesis of signals parametric method
- 2.P. P. Ornatskii, Automatic Measurements and Analog and Digital Devices, Vishcha Shkoka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-T O.171, Jitter and Wander Measuring Equipment for Digital Systems Which Are Based on the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Dyukin, S. Yu. Medvedev, and K. G. Mishagin, “A promising digital frequency comparator/analyzer of phase noise,” Vest. Metrologa, No. 2, 18–20 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Sergienko, Digital Processing of Signals, Piter, St. Petersburg (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.V. K. Ignat’ev, A. V. Nikitin, V. Kh. Bernardo-Saprykin, and A. A. Orlov, “Measurement of the phase difference of quasi-harmonic signals in real time,” Nauka i Obrazov., No. 7 (2013), http://dx.doi.org/ 10.7463/0713.0588392, acces. July 21, 2015.
- 7.V. K.Ignat’ev, A. V. Nikitin, and S. V. Yushanov, “On the uniquenss of the quasi-harmonic representation,” Vest. VolGU, Ser. 1, Iss. 13, 137–150 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.GOST R8.607–2004, GSI. State Measurement Chain for Instruments for Measurement of Frequency Deviation.Google Scholar
- 10.V. K. Ignat’ev and D. A. Stankevich, “A hardware-software complex for parametric analysis of signals in problems of technical diagnostics,” Inzh. Vestn. Dona, No. 3 (2013), http://ivdon.ru/uploads/article/pdf/IVD_106_ignatjev.pdf_1843.pdf, acces. April 26, 2015.
- 11.G. Kramer, Mathematical Methods of Statistics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Nicholas III and H. Samueli, “An analysis of the output spectrum of direct digital frequency synthesizers in the presence of phase-accumulator truncation,” 41st Ann. Frequency Control Symp. (1987), pp. 495–502.Google Scholar