Dissemination of Reference Radio Frequencies over Fiber-Optic Lines with Electronic Compensation of Perturbations
- 38 Downloads
We present a method for disseminating reference radio frequencies over a fiber-optic line. We describe a circuit for electronic compensation of phase perturbations in a transmitted 100 MHz reference signal over an optical fiber. We give experimental measurement results for the Allan deviation of a 100 MHz reference signal transmitted to the remote end of a 100-km fiber link.
Keywordsfrequency standards transfer of reference frequency signals comparison of atomic clocks fiber-optic lines
- 1.S. I. Donchenko, I. Yu. Blinov, A. S. Goncharov, and I. B. Norets, “Current state and prospects of development of the standard base of the State Service of Time, Frequency and Parameter Determination of the Earth’s Rotation,” Izmer. Tekhn., No.1, 3–8 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Huang, M. Calhoun, and R. Tjoelker, “Optical links and RF distribution for antenna arrays,” Proc. IEEE Int. Frequency Control Symp. and Expos., Miami, USA (2006), pp. 637–641, http://trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov/dspace/bitstream/2014/40275/1/06-2522.pdf, accessed 01.01.2015.
- 4.B. Wang, C. Gao, W. L. Chen, et al., “Precise and continuous time and frequency synchronisation at the 5.10–19 accuracy level,” Sci. Reports 2, Aug. 2012, www.nature.com/srep/2012/120806/srep00556/full/srep00556.html, accessed 01.01.2015.
- 5.M. Fujieda, M. Kumagai, S. Nagano, and T. Gotoh, “UTC (NICT) signal transfer system using optical fiber,” Proc. 9th NICT IVS TDS Symp., No. 31, 17–20 (2010), www2.nict.go.jp/aeri/sts/stmg/ivstdc/news_31/pdf/tdcnews_31.pdf, accessed 01.01.2015.
- 7.A. V. Ivanov, N. V. Mokhovikov, S. N. Kagan, et al., “Comparisons of geographically remote time and frequency standards with the use of fiber-optic communication lines,” Trudy IPA RAN (2012), Iss. 23, pp. 131–135.Google Scholar
- 8.R. I. Balayev, D. M. Shibaeva, A. N. Malimon, and A. F. Kurchanov, “Characteristics of phase-stable coaxial and optical cables used to transmit data for time and frequency reference standards,” Alman. Sovrem. Metrol., VNIIFTRI, Mendeleevo (2015), No. 2, pp. 165–179.Google Scholar
- 9.GOST 8.567-2014, GSI. Measurement of Time and Frequency. Terms and Definitions.Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Galyshev, S. N. Kagan, A. N. Malimon, et al., “Transferring reference radio frequencies over fiber-optic lines with optoelectronic compensation for line-induced perturbations,” Proc. 6th Int. Symp. Metrology of Time and Space, Mendeleevo (2012), pp. 88–93.Google Scholar