Means of Optical Diagnostics of Selective Laser Melting with Non-Gaussian Beams
A system for optical monitoring and diagnostics of the selective laser melting process with different beam power densities has been developed. The relationship between the power density distributions and the geometric parameters of individual tracks has been found. Intervals within which stable individual tracks are formed for different distributions were detected, and high-speed photographs of the process were taken.
Keywordsadditive manufacturing selective laser melting laser beam modulation optical monitoring and diagnostics
- 2.S. N. Grigor’ev and I. Yu. Smurov, “Prospects for the development of innovative additive manufacturing in Russia and abroad,” Innovatsii, No. 10 (180), 76–82 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Volosova and A. A. Okun’kova, “Ways of optimizing selective laser melting by choice of strategy for laser beam processing,” Izv. Samarsk. Nauch. Tsentra RAN, 14, No. 4, 587–591 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Okunkova, P. Peretyagin, Yu. Vladimirov, et al., “Laser-beam modulation to improve efficiency of selecting laser melting for metal powders,” Proc. SPIE, 9135, Laser Sources and Applications II, 913524 (2014), DOI: 10.1117/12.2053602.
- 9.I. Yu. Smurov, I. A. Yadroitsev, I. A. Movchan, et al., “Additive manufacturing with lasers. Experimental work,” Vest. MGTU STANKIN, No. 1, 36–38 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.T. V. Tarasova, G. O. Gvozdeva, and E. P. Tikhonova, “Prospects for the use of laser radiation for surface processing of nonferrous alloys,” Vest. MGTU STANKIN, No. 2 (20), 140–143 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.M. D. Pavlov, S. G. Konov, A. A. Okun’kova, and A. P. Nazarov, “Features of the use of optical monitoring equipment for fabrication of workpieces by selective laser melting,” Kontrol. Diagn., No. 12, 45–50 (2012).Google Scholar
- 12.I. Smurov, M. Dubenskaya, S. N. Grigor’ev, et al., “Use of laser surface engineering methods to solve tribological problems,” Trenie i Iznos, 35, No. 6, 682–690 (2014).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Hendriks, D. Naidoo, F. S. Roux, et al., “The generation of flat-top beams by complex amplitude modulation with a phase-only spatial light modulator,” Proc. SPIE, 8490 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.F. Klocke, C. Wagner, and C. Ader, “Development of an integrated model for selective laser sintering,” Proc. 36th CIRP Int. Seminar on Manufacturing Systems, Saarbrucken, Germany (2013), pp. 387–392.Google Scholar
- 15.R. Voelkel and K. J. Weible, “Laser beam homogenizing: limitations and constraints,” Proc. SPIE, (2008), www.suss.com, accessed March 1, 2015.