Form Factor for a Hollow Cylindrical Sample Under Shear Deformation
- 41 Downloads
We present the results of the calculation of the form factor of a hollow cylindrical sample under shear deformation, taking into account the influence of the sample size and Poisson’s ratio on the actual measured shear modulus.
Keywordsshear modulus Poisson’s ratio hollow cylindrical sample form factor
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Grant Nos. 14-01-00052 and 13-01-00270) and the Russian Science Foundation (Project No. 14-35-00020).
- 1.GOST 28810-90, Rubber. Determination of the Shear Modulus. Shift Method for a Four-Element Sample. Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Boiko and V. M. Kulik, “A method of experimental determination of the dynamic viscoelastic properties of a cylindrical sample,” Prikl. Matem. Mekh., 77, No. 1, 138–142 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, The Theory of Elasticity, Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Rosin, Measurement of Dynamic Properties of Acoustic Materials, Stroyizdat, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Kulik and A. V. Boiko, “Form factor for a compressed cylindrical sample,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 8, 36–38 (2014).Google Scholar