The traceability of modern pyrometers to the primary standard of the unit of temperature and the classification of methods of pyrometry
- 49 Downloads
The various methods of pyrometry are analyzed and a new version of the classification is proposed, which rests on the connection between the actual temperature of the object and the results of a measurement of the temperature by pyrometers, using the appropriate method. It is shown that, at the present time, energy pyrometers are not traceable to the Primary Standard of the Unit of Temperature due to the absence of a standard of the unit of emittance. A number of problems which must be solved using this standard is formulated.
Keywordspyrometry methods traceability pyrometers emittance standard
- 1.Mikron Group, official website, www.mikron.com, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 2.Raytek Corporation, official website, www.raytek.com, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 3.Termokont Noncommercial Scientific-Technical Partnership, official website, www.pyrometer.ru, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 4.Testo AG, official website, www.testo.com, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 5.Diagnost Company, official website, www.diagnost.ru, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 6.KB Dipol Company, official website, www.cb-dipol.ru, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 7.Pergam Company, official website, www.pergam.ru, accessed Oct. 22, 2011.
- 8.B. Khlevnoy et al., “Determination of the temperatures of metal-carbon eutectic fixed-points by different detectors from VNIIOFI, NPL, and PTB,” in: 8th Int. Symp. Thermal Measurement in Industry and Science, Berlin, Germany (2001), Vol. 2, pp. 845–850.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Lineveg, Temperature Measurement in Engineering: A Reference Book [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.A. E. Sheindlin (ed.), Emissive Properties of Solids [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.D. Ya. Svet, Objective Methods of High-Temperature Pyrometry for a Continuous Radiation Spectrum [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Frunze, “A numerical method of determining the spectral-ratio temperature,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 6, 38–41 (2010); Measur. Techn., 53, No. 6, 664–667 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.M. L. Samoilov and A. V. Frunze, “A method of increasing the accuracy of measurements of the temperature of “non-gray bodies” using a broadband spectral-ratio pyrometer,” Metrologiya, No. 6, 23–31 (2010).Google Scholar