A contact method of determining the thermal effusivity of solids
A contact method of measuring the thermal effusivity of solids, based on periodic heating of the surface of a standard plate, in contact with the solid being investigated, and measuring the temperature oscillations in the plate at various distances from the source, is described.
Keywordsthermal effusivity and inertia thermal properties thermal investigations thermal effusivity sensor
- 1.A. V. Lykov, Heat and Mass Transfer [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Mathews et al., “Monitoring blend uniformity with effusivity,” Pharm. Technol., 26, 80–84 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Pratt, S. J. Foster, and C. D. Ellyett, “A calibration procedure for Fourier series thermal inertia model,” Photogram. Eng. Rem. Sens., No. 4, 529–538 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.L. P. Filippov, Measurement of the Thermal Properties of Materials by the Periodic Heating Method [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Yu. Demezhko, A Geothermal Method of Reconstructing the Paleoclimate (using the example of the Ural) [in Russian], UrO RAN, Ekaterinburg (2001).Google Scholar