Standard reference materials of high-purity substances for metrological support of analytical monitoring of nanomaterials and their high-purity precursors
- 51 Downloads
We consider aspects involved in preparation of chemical composition standard reference materials (SRMs) for nanomaterials. We show that the primary requirement for metrological support of analytical measurements is the availability of SRMs with certified chemical purity. We describe a procedure for preparation and certification of 40 such SRMs based on the Exhibition Collection of High-Purity Substances of the Russian Academy of Sciences. We describe modern methods for analysis of high-purity substances and nanomaterials based on them. We discuss problems involved in application of SRMs in nanoanalysis.
Keywordsnanomaterials standard reference materials (SRMs) chemical purity analytical methods
This work was done with the support of the Council on Russian Federation Presidential Grants for Support of Leading Scientific Schools (NSh-4119.2010.3) and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within government contract No. 01.648.11.3008.
- 1.GOST R 8.628-2007, GSI. Nanometer Range Surface Relief Measuring Standards. Requirements for Geometric Shapes, Linear Dimensions, and Selection of Material for Fabrication.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST R 8.629-2007, GSI. Nanometer Range Surface Relief Measuring Standards with Trapezoidal Elements. Testing Procedure.Google Scholar
- 3.GOST R 8.630-2007, GSI. Scanning Probe Atomic Force Microscopes. Testing Procedure.Google Scholar
- 4.GOST R 8.631-2007, GSI. Scanning Electron Microscopes. Testing Procedure.Google Scholar
- 5.GOST R 8.635-2007, GSI. Scanning Probe Atomic Force Microscopes. Calibration Procedure.Google Scholar
- 6.GOST R 8.636-2007, GSI. Scanning Electron Microscopes. Calibration Procedure.Google Scholar
- 7.P. V. Todua, V. V. Kalendin, and Yu. A. Novikov, “Russian achievements in nanometrology,” Vest. Tekh. Regulir., No. 6 (7), 40–43 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.G. G. Devyatykh,Yu. A. Karpov, and L. I. Osipova, Exhibition Collection of Special-Purity Substances [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar