New means of generating a low-frequency sine-wave signal with a low harmonic distortion coefficient and the problems of providing metrological backup
- 50 Downloads
The problem of constructing precision apparatus for generating a sine-wave signal based on the direct digital synthesis method is considered. A block diagram and the basic technical characteristics are presented, and the individual units of the G3-135, G3-136, and G3-137 generators, the harmonic distortion coefficients of which are less than 0.001%, are described. The results of tests of the generators at the achieved value of the harmonic distortion coefficient are presented.
Keywordssine-wave generator direct digital synthesis method digital synthesizer harmonic distortion coefficient
- 1.GOST 8.110-97, GSI. State Checking Scheme for Instruments for Measuring Harmonic Distortion Coefficient.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST 8.331-99, GSI. Instruments for Measuring Harmonic Distortion Coefficient. Methods and Means of Checking and Calibration. Google Scholar
- 3.A. Chenakin, “Frequency synthesis: current solutions and new trends,” Microwave J., 50, No. 5, 256–266 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Smekalov, “A method for the direct digital synthesis of a sine-wave signal. Analysis and mathematical modelling,” Radiotekhnika, No. 1, 16–29 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.Catalog of Measuring Instruments, ZAO Supertekhpribor, www.spribor.ru, accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- 6.The SK6-20 Nonlinear Distortion Calibrator-Measuring Instrument: Operating Handbook, ZAO NPTsentr, www.npcentre.ru, accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- 7.A. V. Pivak, “Measurement of the nonlinear distortion of a signal voltage, specified in the time domain,” www.prist.ru/info.php/articles/kni.htm, accessed Feb. 26, 2011.