An estimate of the truncation error in the asynchronous sampling of ac signals containing inter- and subharmonics
- 31 Downloads
The estimation of the truncation error in the asynchronous sampling of an ac signal containing sub- and interharmonic components is considered. The expressions derived enable one to choose the optimum method and the necessary number of samples of a complex input signal. The limits of the error of the method of signal processing are determined taking the effect of sampling into account. Mathematical modeling of the procedure for estimating the possible truncation error is carried out.
Keywordsasynchronous sampling inter- and subharmonics active power mathematical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Testa and R. Langella, “Power system subharmonics,” Proc. IEEE Pow. Soc. Gen. Meeting (2005), pp. 1922–1927.Google Scholar
- 3.D. J. Nyarko and K. Stromsmoe, “Analysis of truncation errors in asynchronous sampling of periodic signals,” Proc. Canadian Conf. Electrical and Computer Eng. (1992), Vol. 2, pp. 1117–1120.Google Scholar
- 5.G. N. Stenbakken, “A wideband sampling wattmeter,” IEEE Trans., PAS-103, No. 10, 2919–2926 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.Lu Zu-Liang, “An error estimate for quasi-integer-period sampling and an approach for improving its accuracy,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Measur., 37, No. 3, 141–150 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.J. M. D. Pereira, A. C. Serra, and P. S. Girao, “Minimising truncation error in digital wattmeters,” Proc. 9th Int. Symp. Electrical Instrum. Industry, Glasgow (1997), Vol. 1, pp. 113–116.Google Scholar