Standard equipment for instruments for the measurement of chromatic dispersion in fiber-optic information transmission systems
- 34 Downloads
A technique and procedure for the development of standard equipment for instruments used in the measurement of chromatic dispersion in fiber-optic information transmission systems are described. An analysis of the errors of the standard equipment is presented. Results of studies of the standard equipment and working standard of chromatic dispersion are also presented.
Key wordsstandard chromatic dispersion working standard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEC 60793-1-42, Optical Fibres. Part 1-42: Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Chromatic Dispersion. Google Scholar
- 2.V. E. Kravtsov et al., “Assurance of uniformity of measurements of spectral and dispersion characteristics of fiberoptic information transmission systems with wavelength-division multiplexing,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 5, 30–34 (2006); Measur. Techn., 49, No. 5, 458–465 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.EIA/TIA FOTP-169:1992, Chromatic Dispersion Measurement of Single-Mode Optical Fibers by the Phase Shift Method, Telecommunications Industry Association, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- 4.ITU-T G.652, Characteristics of a Single-Mode Optical Fibre and Cable. Google Scholar
- 5.ITU-T G.653, Characteristics of Dispersion-Shifted Single-Mode Optical Fibre and Cable. Google Scholar
- 6.ITU-T G.654, Characteristics of a Cut-Off Shifted Single-Mode Optical Fibre Cable. Google Scholar
- 7.ITU-T G.655, Characteristics of Non-Zero Dispersion-Shifted Single-Mode Optical Fibre and Cable. Google Scholar
- 8.A. B. Ivanov, Fiber Optics: Components, Transmission Systems, Measurement [in Russian], Komp. Sairus Sistems, Moscow (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Marienkov, A. V. Ivkovich, and M. L. Grinsthein, “Analysis of sources of errors in measurement of chromatic dispersion of single-mode fiber light guides by the phase method,” Radiotekhn. Elektron., Iss. 20, 44–48 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.S. E. Michels, J. B. Schlager, and D. L. Franzen, “Accurate measurements of the zero-dispersion wavelength in optical fibers,” J. Res. NIST, 102, No. 3, 333–347 (1997).Google Scholar