Coulometric device within a unit for state primary standards
- 32 Downloads
The operating principle and composition of the VNIIFTRI coulometric device is based on a three-chamber electrochemical cell of vertical construction that is part of the set of primary state standards for the pH scale and indices of pX ion indices. Metrological characteristics of the device ensure reproducibility of pH in the standard with an error of not more than 0.003 in the range of pH = 1.0–12, and this corresponds to the best world analogs.
Key wordscoulometry coulometric device titration hydrogen ion mass concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. L. Knunyants (ed.), Large Encyclopaedic Dictionary. Chemistry [in Russian], BSE, Moscow (1998), p. 292.Google Scholar
- 3.CODATA 2006, http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Value?f.
- 4.B. Taylor,V. Parker, and D. Landenberg, Fundamental Constants and Quantum Electrodynamics [Russian translation], Atomizdat, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Breitenbach, Precision Constant Current Coulometry System, http://www.bam.de/en/kompetenzen/pruefeinrichtungen_geraete/index.htm.
- 7.M. Máriássy, L. Vyskocil, and A. Mathiasová, “Link to the SI via primary direct methods,” Accred. Qual. Assur., No. 5, 437 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.“Measurement of pH. Definition, standards and procedures (UPAC Recommendations 2002),” Pure Appl. Chem., 74, 2169 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. Doinikov et al., “Commentary on the introduction of interstate standard GOST 8.134-98 Aqueous Solution pH scale,” Elektrokhimiya, 36, No. 3, 374 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.O. V. Karpov, “VNIIFTRI standard base in the field of physicochemical measurements,” Proc. 3rd Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. Khimmet-3–2008, Kiev (2008).Google Scholar
- 11.O. V. Karpov, V. D. Kutovoi, and V. A. Zvezdina, “State primary standard of pX ion activity indices in aqueous solutions,” ibid.Google Scholar
- 12.V. E. Bower and R. S. Davis, “The electrochemical equivalent of pure silver: a value of the Faraday constant,” J. Res. NBS, 85, No. 3, 175 (1980).Google Scholar