Model for forecasting the dose distributions in a low atomic-number material when irradiated with a beam of gamma photons
- 18 Downloads
A mathematical model for forecasting the dose distributions in the volume of a low atomic-number material when irradiated with a beam of γ-photons using the data of measurements in the plane of the central section of the beam at several levels from the surface to the depth is developed. The results of modeling of the dose distributions are presented.
Key wordslow atomic-number material γ-photons irradiation measurements of the dose distributions mathematical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Yu. Klepper and V. A. Klimanov, “A method for the analytical approximation of deep axial dose distributions for a beam of photons,” Med. Fiz., No. 10, 22 (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.T. R. Mackie and P. McNutt Reakwerdt, AAPM, 16, 577 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.C. H. Jones, The Physics of Radiology, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Porshnev and I. V. Belenkova, Numerical Methods based on MathCAD [in Russian], BKhV, St. Petersburg (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. I. Bregadze and V. A. Berlyand, “Metrological backup of dosimetry in radiation therapy,” Med. Fiz., No. 11, 23 (2001).Google Scholar