A homogeneity test for several samples
- 28 Downloads
A test is proposed for nonparametric hypotheses on the homogeneity of several samples differing in volume. The statistics for the test are proposed as the maximum value of the modulus for the difference between the empirical distributions on pairwise comparison. Analytical relationships are derived for the critical values in testing hypotheses on the homogeneity of three, four, and five samples.
Key wordsnonparametric methods statistical hypotheses hypothesis testing homogeneity of several samples
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. N. Bol’shev and N. V. Smirnov, Tables for Mathematical Statistics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.Van der Warden, Mathematical Statistics [Russian translation], IIL, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Sachs, Statistical Estimation [Russian translation], Statistika, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Lloyd, W. Pederman, and J. N. Turin (eds.), Handbook on Applied Statistics in Two Volumes, Volume 1 [Russian translation], Finansy i Statistika, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Hollender and D. Wulf, Nonparametric Methods in Statistics [Russian translation], Finansy i Statistika, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.V. P. Borovikov, Statistica: The Art of Analyzing Data by Computer for Professionals [in Russian], Piter, St. Petersburg (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Ivchenko and Yu. I. Medvedev, Mathematical Statistics: A Textbook for Technical Colleges [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.B. Yu. Lemeshko, Statistical Analysis of Grouped, Partially Grouped, and Ungrouped Observations on One-Dimensional Continuous Random Quantities: PhD Thesis [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Yu. Lemeshko and S. B. Lemeshko, Izmer. Tekhn., No. 12, 9 (2005); Measur. Techn., 48, No. 12, 1159 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Yu. Lemeshko and S. B. Lemeshko, Izmer. Tekhn., No. 9, 23 (2008); Measur. Techn., 51, No. 9, 950 (2008).Google Scholar