Prospects of Production of Granular Composite Materials by Method of the Plasma-Centrifugal Atomization
We discuss the prospects of development of the complex approach to the design of high-density, structurally homogeneous hard materials produced from granules obtained on plasma-centrifugal atomization installations with formation of molten baths from the melts in rotating crucibles with skull. The analyzed technology and equipment prove to be promising and commercially attractive for the production of granules intended for manufacturing monolithic composite materials. Granular compositions obtained from spherical particles by using known methods of compaction or layer-by-layer synthesis can be in demand in the domestic industry.
Keywordsgranules spheroids plasma-centrifugal atomization crucible skull composite materials closest packing compaction
- 1.E. N. Kablov, “Materials and production technologies of new generation,” Commemorative Meeting Devoted to the Presentation of the International Tupolev Prize for the Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Engineering Sciences, Kazan (2015), http://kai.ru/newsdocs/Kablov%2010.11.2015.pdf, acc. 03.12.2017.
- 2.Granular Composites as Promising Functional Structural Materials: Presentation of the Project, Sferamet, Moscow (2013), http://sferamet.ru/ru/index.html, acc. 11.17.2016.
- 3.Yu. P. Moskvichev, S. V. Ageev, V. I. Panin, and A. I. Konev, Production of Spherical Granules and New Composite Materials, http://sferamet.ru/ru/news/news9.html, acc. 03.12.2017.
- 4.Yu. P. Moskvichev, V. I. Panin, S. V. Ageev, et al., “Granular composites and efficiency of their application,” Armaturostroenie, 70, No. 1 (70), 44–48 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Ageev and Yu. P. Moskvichev, Patent No. 2301133 RF, IPC С22С1/05, “A method for the preparation of tungsten-carbide powder. A device for the realization of the method and tungsten-carbide powder obtained by this method,” subm. 11.02.2005, publ. 06.20.2007, Byull., No. 17.Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. P. Moskvichev, V. I. Panin, A. V. Alad’in, and S. V. Ageev, Patent No. 2434962 RF, IPC B22F9/10, “Composite structural material,” subm. 05.27.2010, publ. 11.27.2011, Byull., No. 33.Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Livinenko, А. P. Zhurda, and A. I. Belyi, “Analysis and kinetics of the process of thermal centrifugal atomization of the ingots of melted tungsten carbides,” Plazm.-Dugov. Tekhnol., No. 2, 29–35 (2013).Google Scholar