Elevation of the Wear Resistance of Threads of Tubing Strings Under the Action of Ultrasound
We developed a technology, produced, and tested an ultrasonic installation aimed at treatment of the pipe threads with the help of radial ultrasonic vibrations and studied the microhardness of the outer surface of the thread profile. We also performed metallographic investigations. The pilot field tests of the branch pipes of tubing strings with strengthened threads were carried out and positive results were obtained.
Keywordsultrasonic hardening of the pipe thread surface plastic deformation of the profile of the thread microhardness nanocrystalline layer strength of threaded connections tubing strings
- 1.S. A. Evsyukov, S. M. Nebogov, V. I. Punin, and I. L. Fedotov, “Theoretical investigations of the surface plastic deformation of threads with application of ultrasonic vibrations,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 5, 11–17 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Kolesnikov, S. M. Nebogov, V. I. Punin, et al., “Investigation of a disk concentrator of an installation for the treatment of threads by surface plastic deformation with the use of ultrasound,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 4, 53–56 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Evsyukov, S. Nebogov, and I. Fedotov, “Pipe thread wear-resistant ultrasonic hardening unit,” Vibroeng. Procedia, 8, 142–146 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Voider, S. A. Evsyukov, V. A. Morgunov, et al., Patent No. 2562850 RF, IPC B23P6/00, “Method for the formation and hardening of threads of the components of oilfield pipes and their couplings and an installation for its realization,” subm. 04.16.2014, publ. 09.10.2015.Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. Isaakov, S. A. Evsyukov, S. M. Nebogov, et al., Patent No. 2575515 RF, IPC B23P6/00, “A tool for ultrasonic treatment of taper threads of the components,” subm. 12.26.2014, publ. 02.20.2016.Google Scholar