Preparation of Oxidized Nickel Ores for Hydrometallurgical Processing
Oxidized ores of nickel typically have a low nickel content and contain substantial quantities of silicate compounds, which complicates the ores' high-temperature leaching and subsequent thickening and filtration. The article presents results from laboratory studies of two samples of ore from the Kulikov group of deposits. Preliminary separation of the ore into fractions and analysis of the distributions of nickel and the silicates make it possible to isolate the high-nickel fractions and exclude the silicate components from the processing of those fractions.
Keywordsoxidized nickel ores chemical composition fraction wet screening distribution of components
- 1.I. D. Reznik, G. P. Ermakov, and Ya. M. Shneerson, Nickel, Nauka i Tekhnologii, Moscow (2001), Vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 2.L. K. Krasil'nikov and V. M. Grigor'eva, Comparative Characteristics of Oxidized Nickel Ores from Commercial Deposits within the Weathered Crust in the USSR: Report on R&D, Gipronikel, Leningrad (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Tavastsherna and E. V. Dobrokhotova, “Oxidized nickel ores,” Trudy Inst. Gipronkel (1962), Iss. 13, pp. 38–39.Google Scholar
- 4.“Geological features of deposits, material composition of the ores, and the main methods of using oxidized nickel ores in the USSR,” Trudy Inst. Gipronkel (1969), Iss. 39/40.Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Kalashnikova, Ya. M. Shneerson, et al., “Hydrometallurgical processing of nickel ores,” Tsvetn. Met., No. 12, 22–27 (2003).Google Scholar