Lamb waves in micropolar thermoelastic solid plates immersed in liquid with varying temperature
In the present paper the theory of micropolar generalized thermoelastic continua has been employed to study the propagation of plane waves in micropolar thermoelastic plates bordered with inviscid liquid layers (or half-spaces) with varying temperature on both sides. The secular equations in closed form and isolated mathematical conditions are derived and discussed. Thin plate and short wave length results have also been deduced under different cases and situations and discussed as special cases of this work. The results in case of conventional coupled and uncoupled theories of thermoelasticity can be obtained both in case of micropolar elastic and elastokinetics from the present analysis by appropriate choice of relevant parameters. The various secular equations and relevant relations have been solved numerically by using functional iteration method in order to illustrate the analytical developments. Effect of characteristic length and coupling factors have also been studied on phase velocity. The computer simulated results in case of phase velocity, attenuation coefficient and specific loss of symmetric and skew symmetric are presented graphically.
KeywordsMicropolar Interfacial waves Generalized thermoelasticity Characteristic length Continuum mechanics
- 1.Voigt W (1887) Theoretishe studien uber die ebstiZitatsverhaltnisse der Kristalle. Abh Ges Wiss Gottingen 34 Google Scholar
- 2.Cosserat E, Cosserat F (1909) Theorie des corps deformable. Hermann, Paris Google Scholar
- 18.Eringen AC (1970) Foundation of micropolar thermoelasticity. Course of lectures No 23, CISM Udine Springer Google Scholar
- 25.Graff KF (1991) Wave motion in elastic solids. Dover, New York Google Scholar
- 28.Gauthier RD (1982) Experimental investigation on micropolar media. In: Brulin O, Hsieh RKT (eds) Mechanics of micropolar media. World Scientific, Singapore, pp 395–463 Google Scholar