Study of the effect of thermal gradient on free vibration of clamped visco-elastic rectangular plates with linearly thickness variation in both directions
The effect of thermal gradient on the free vibration of clamped visco-elastic rectangular plate with linearly thickness variations in both the directions has been studied here. The governing differential equation has been solved using Rayleigh-Ritz technique. The frequency equation is derived for the clamped boundary condition on all the four edges. The effect of linear temperature variation has been considered. Deflection and time period corresponding to the first two modes of vibrations of a clamped plate have been computed for various values of aspect ratio, thermal constants, and taper constants.
KeywordsThermal gradient Vibration Rectangular plate Thickness variation Visco-elastic mechanics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Sharma RK (1977) Some vibration problems of orthotropic plates and shells. PhD thesis, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India Google Scholar
- 6.Taylor RL Govindjee S (2002) Solution of clamped rectangular plate problems. Technical Report, UCB/SEMM, 09 Google Scholar
- 10.Nowacki W (1962) Thermo elasticity. Pergamon Press, New York Google Scholar
- 11.Leissa AW (1969) Vibration of plates. NASA SP-160, US Govt. Printing office Google Scholar
- 12.Bhatanagar NS, Gupta AK (1988) Vibrations analysis of visco-elastic circular plate subjected to thermal gradient. Model Simul Control B 15(1):17–31 Google Scholar
- 14.Gupta AK, Johri T, Vats RP (2007) Thermal effect on vibration of non-homogeneous orthotropic rectangular plate having bi-directional parabolically varying thickness. In: Proceedings of international conference in world congress on engineering and computer science, San Francisco, USA, 24–26 October 2007, pp 784–787 Google Scholar
- 15.Gupta AK, Kumar A, Gupta DV (2007) Vibration of visco-elastic orthotropic parallelogram plate with linearly thickness variation. In: Proceedings of international conference in world congress on engineering and computer science, San Francisco, USA, 24–26 October 2007, pp 800–803 Google Scholar