Optimum Dimensions of Triangular Cross-Section in Lattice Structures
- 117 Downloads
In this paper, we discuss the problem of optimization of triangular cross-section in lattice mechanical structures. At the beginning, the method of Lagrange’s multipliers for extremes of the function of three variables is described on the basis of which the following analysis is carried out. Optimization is achieved on the basis of criteria of stress and deformation. Verification of the obtained theoretical results is performed on a numerical example for the general case of lattice construction load as well as for the lattice construction of the tower crane boom.
KeywordsTriangular cross-section Lattice structures Lagrange multipliers Stress Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Farkas, J., ‘Optimum design of metal structures by backtrack programming 11th IABSE Vienna. Final Report’, Zurich 1980, pp. 597–602.Google Scholar
- 2.Farkas, J. 1982‘Optimal design of steel trusses and frames – a survey of selected literature’Publ. Techn. Univ. Heavy Ind. Ser. C. Machinery36209226Google Scholar
- 3.Farkas, J. 1984Optimum Design of Metal StructuresAkademiai kiadoBudapestGoogle Scholar
- 5.Šelmić, R., Mijailović, R. 1998‘Optimization of trapezium cross-section in structures’Facta iniversitatis mechanical engineering. Niš1555564Google Scholar
- 9.Šelmić, R., Cvetković, P. 1993‘Determination of optimum dimension of latice structure cross-sections’Facta Universitatis3365372Google Scholar
- 10.Mijailović R., Analyses effects construction parametars on stress and elastic stability of truck-crane lattice booms, msthesis, M Sc degree thesis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, 2001.Google Scholar
- 15.Mijailović R., Investigation of parameters relevant for dynamic stability and preventive safety of the truck-crane in traffic and transport, doctor’s thesis, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Engineering, University of Belgrade, 2005.Google Scholar