Almost Sure Approximation of the Superposition of the Random Processes
This article presents sufficient conditions, which provide almost sure (a.s.) approximation of the superposition of the random processes S(N(t)), when càd-làg random processes S(t) and N(t) themselves admit a.s. approximation by a Wiener or stable Lévy processes. Such results serve as a source of numerous strong limit theorems for the random sums under various assumptions on counting process N(t) and summands. As a consequence we obtain a number of results concerning the a.s. approximation of the Kesten–Spitzer random walk, accumulated workload input into queuing system, risk processes in the classical and renewal risk models with small and large claims and use such results for investigation the growth rate and fluctuations of the mentioned processes.
KeywordsStrong invariance principle Superposition of random processes Randomly stopped sums Queuing system Risk process Total claim amount Stable process
AMS 2000 Subject Classification60F15 60F17 60G50 60G52 91B30 60K10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alex M, Steinebach J (1994) Invariance principles for renewal processes and some applications. Teor Jmovirn Mat Stat 50:22–54Google Scholar
- Bulinski AV, Shashkin AP (2008) Limit theorems for associated random fields and related systems. Fizmatlit, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Csörgő M, Révész P (1981) Strong Approximation in Probability and Statistics. Acad, Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Csörgő M, Horváth L (1993) Weighted approximation in probability and statistics. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Gnedenko BV, Korolev VYu (1996) Random summation: limit theorems and applications. CRT Press, Boca—Raton, FloridaGoogle Scholar
- Skorokhod AV (1961) Studies in the theory of random processes. Kiev Univ, KievGoogle Scholar
- Strassen V (1965) Almost sure behavior for sums of independent randon variables and martingales. In: Proseedings of 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical and Probability, vol. 2, pp. 315–343Google Scholar
- Whitt W (2002) Stochastic-processes limits: an introduction to stochastic-process limits and their application to queues. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Zinchenko N (2000) The Skorokhod representation and strong invariance principle. Teor Jmovirn Mat Stat 60:51–63Google Scholar
- Zinchenko N, Safonova M (2008) Erdös-Renyi type law for random sums with applications to claim amount process. J Numer Appl Math 1(96):246–264Google Scholar
- Zolotarev VM (1964) Analog of the law of iterated logarithm for semi-continuous processes. Teor Veroyatnost i Primenen 9:556Google Scholar