Equivalence of the Open KdV and the Open Virasoro Equations for the Moduli Space of Riemann Surfaces with Boundary
In a recent paper, Pandharipande, Solomon and Tessler initiated a study of the intersection theory on the moduli space of Riemann surfaces with boundary. The authors conjectured KdV and Virasoro type equations that completely determine all intersection numbers. In this paper, we study these equations in detail. In particular, we prove that the KdV and the Virasoro type equations for the intersection numbers on the moduli space of Riemann surfaces with boundary are equivalent.
KeywordsRiemann surfaces with boundary moduli space KdV equations
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 35Q53 Secondary 14H10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Buryak, A.: Open intersection numbers and the wave function of the KdV hierarchy. Mosc. Math. J. arXiv:1409.7957
- 3.Dickey, L.A.: Soliton equations and Hamiltonian systems. 2nd edn. Advanced series in mathematical physics, vol. 26, pp. xii+408. World Scientific Publishing Co., Inc., River Edge (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Miwa, T., Jimbo, M., Date, E.: Solitons. Differential equations, symmetries and infinite-dimensional algebras. Translated from the 1993 Japanese original by Miles Reid. Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, vol. 135, pp. x+108. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Olver, P.J.: Applications of Lie groups to differential equations. Graduate texts in mathematics, vol. 107, pp. xxvi+497. Springer-Verlag, New York (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Pandharipande, R., Solomon, J.P., Tessler, R.J.: Intersection theory on moduli of disks, open KdV and Virasoro. arXiv:1409.2191