Local slip of bodies caused by the inhomogeneous friction coefficient
- 55 Downloads
We study the problem of contact interaction of two elastic isotropic bodies under the conditions of plane deformation with regard for slip caused by the local inhomogeneity of the friction coefficient under consecutive loading by normal and shear forces. By the method of complex potentials, this contact problem is reduced to a singular integral equation for the relative shift of the boundaries of the bodies in the region of slip whose solution is found in the analytic form. The influence of external loads on the relative shift of the boundaries of the bodies in this region, their length, and contact stresses is analyzed.
Keywordscontact interaction matching surfaces inhomogeneous friction coefficient adhesion slip relative shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Hills, D. Nowell, and A. Sackfield, Mechanics of Elastic Contact, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.K. L. Johnson, Contact Mechanics, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.O. P. Datsyshyn and V. M. Kadyra, “Development of fretting-fatigue edge cracks under the adhesion–slip conditions of contact between the bodies,” Mashynoznavstvo, No. 3, 9–15 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Cattaneo, “Sul contatto di due corpi elastici: distribuzione locale degli sforzi.” Rendiconti dell’Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, 27, 342–348 (1938).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Ostryk and A. F. Ulitko, Wiener–Hopf Method in Contact Problems of the Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (2006).Google Scholar
- 14.R. M., Martynyak, N. I. Malanchuk, and B. E Monastyrs’kyi, “Elastic interaction of two half planes under the conditions of local shift of the boundaries in the region of intercontact gap,” Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya, 48, No. 3, 101–109 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Martynyak and A. Kryshtafovych, “Friction contact of two elastic half planes with local recesses in boundary,” J. Friction Wear, 21, No. 4, 6–15 (2000).Google Scholar
- 16.R. Martynyak and A. Kryshtafovych, “Friction contact of two elastic half planes with wavy surfaces,” J. Friction Wear, 21, No. 5, 1–8 (2000).Google Scholar
- 35.N. Malanchuk, R. Shvets’, and R. Martynyak, “Local slip of bodies caused by surface inhomogeneities under the action of force and thermal loads,” Mashynoznavstvo, No. 7, 15–20 (2007).Google Scholar
- 36.N. I. Muskheshvili, Singular Integral Equations [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar