Investigation of the stress-strain state of a finite cylinder under the action of compressive forces
- 46 Downloads
We determine the stresses and displacements formed in a finite cylinder under the action of an elastic ring simulated by uniformly distributed normal forces. For the analysis of the stress-strain state, we use the numerical-analytic least-squares method. It is shown that this method guarantees high accuracy of the solution. The changes in the stresses and displacements are analyzed depending on the radius of the cylinder, its length, and the width of the ring. We obtain two qualitatively different distributions of stresses and displacements.
Keywordsnumerical-analytic least-squares method vector of displacements eigenfunctions elastic ring stressed state cylinder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Barton, “The circular cylinder with a band of uniform pressure on a finite length of the surface,” J. Appl. Mech., 8, A97, 97–104 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Timoshenko and J. N. Goodier, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw-Hill, New York (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.K. L. Johnson, Contact Mechanics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Revenko, “Solving the three-dimensional equations of the linear theory of elasticity,” Prykl. Mekh., 45, No. 7, 52–65 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.V. P. Revenko, “Investigation of the three-dimensional stressed state in elastic plates with circular holes,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 45, No. 5, 71–76 (2009).Google Scholar