Stressed state of a hollow two-layer cylinder under dynamic loads
- 42 Downloads
The dynamic problem of an elastic two-layer hollow cylinder whose surfaces are loaded by arbitrary forces is solved by the method based on the use of finite differences solely with respect to time. The numerical calculations of the stress concentration on the inner and outer surfaces and the surface of conjugation as functions of times are carried out for cylinders with different thicknesses of the layers under impact loads. The dependences of stresses on the radial variable r and time parameter τ are illustrated for two-layer cylinders subjected to impacts on the inner and outer surfaces.
KeywordsHollow Cylinder Hoop Stress Elastic Cylinder Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute Inhomogeneous Differential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Y. N. Gong and X. Wang, “Radial vibrations and dynamic stress in elastic hollow cylinders,” in: Structural Dynamics: Recent Advances, Elsevier, London (1991), pp. 137–147.Google Scholar
- 4.X. Wang and Y. N. Gong, “A theoretical solution for axially symmetric problem in elastodynamics,” Acta Mech. Sin., 7, 275–282 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.M. P. Savruk, “New method for the solution of dynamic problems of the theory of elasticity and fracture mechanics,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 39, No. 4, 7–12 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.M. P. Savruk, L. I. Onyshko, and M. M. Senyuk, “A plane dynamic axisymmetric problem for a hollow cylinder,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 44, No. 1, 7–14 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Ya. Sagomonyan, Stress Waves in Continuous Media [in Russian], Moscow University, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar