Limiting state of an orthotropic plate weakened by a periodic system of collinear cracks
- 27 Downloads
On the basis of a modified δ c -model of cracks, we study the limiting state of an orthotropic plate made of a material satisfying the general strength condition and weakened by a system of collinear cracks. The relations for the determination of major parameters of the model of cracks (the size of process zones, stresses in these zones, and the crack-tip opening displacements) are deduced. The mechanism of fracture of the plate containing a periodic system of collinear cracks is investigated. The influence of the degree of anisotropy and geometric parameters of the problem on the formation of the process zones and limiting state of the plate is revealed. The region of safe loading of an orthotropic viscoelastic plate with cracks is determined. The influence of the rheological parameters of the material on the region of safe loading is analyzed.
KeywordsProcess Zone Periodic System Biaxial Loading Single Crack Orthotropic Plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.M. P. Malezhyk, O. P. Malezhyk, and I. S. Chernyshenko, “Determination of dynamic stress near the crack tip in anisotropic plate by the photoelasticity method,” Int. Appl. Mech., 42, No. 5, 95–103 (2006).Google Scholar
- 10.O. S. Bogdanova and A. A, Kaminskii, “On the character of fracture of an orthotropic plate with periodic system of collinear cracks under biaxial loading,” Dop. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 11, 36–41 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.E. M. Wu, “Strength and fracture of composites,” in: L. J. Broutman (editor), Fracture and Fatigue, Vol. 5, Academic Press, New York (1974), pp. 206–266.Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Kaminsky, “Subcritical crack growth in polymer composite materials,” in: G. P. Cherepanov (editor), Fracture: A Topical Encyclopedia of Current Knowledge, Krieger Publ., Malabar, FL, (1998), pp. 758–765.Google Scholar
- 14.D. M. Karpinos (editor), Composite Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.A. A. Kaminskii, Fracture Mechanics of Cracked Viscoelastic Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1990).Google Scholar
- 16.A. A. Kaminskii and D. A. Gavrilov, Long-Term Fracture of Cracked Polymeric and Composite Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1992).Google Scholar