Evaluation of the shift of the electrode potential for the metal of a beam specimen subjected to pure bending in a medium
- 26 Downloads
We find the shifts of the electric and electrode potentials for a beam specimen subjected to pure bending. For the indicated stress-strain state, we experimentally measure the values of these quantities and, on this basis, construct empirical relations for the shifts of the electric potentials and for the corresponding electromotive force of the corrosion processes.
KeywordsElectrode Potential Double Electric Layer Electromotive Force Corrosion Damage Ukrainian Academy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Dmytrakh and V. V. Panasyuk, Influence of Corrosive Media on the Local Fracture of Metals Near Stress Concentrators [in Ukrainian], Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Lviv (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.V. H. Horopats’kyi, I. M. Dmytrakh, M. H. Stashchuk, and R. V. Kovalenko, “Analytic evaluation of the influence of elastic strains on the electrode potentials near plane surfaces of metallic bodies,” Diagnost. Dovgovich. Rekonstruk. Most. Budiv. Konstr., Issue 3, 61–76 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.N. M. Belyaev, Strength of Materials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. I. Burak, B. P. Halapats, and B. M. Hnidets’, Physicomechanical Processes in Conducting Bodies [in Ukrainian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.M. G. Stashchuk, Problems of Mechanics of Elastic Bodies with Cracklike Defects [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Tikhonov and A. A. Samarskii, Equations of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.M. G. Stashchuk, “Determination of the electrode potential and corrosion currents along the surfaces of stress concentrators,” in: V. V. Panasyuk (editor), Fracture Mechanics and Strength of Structures [in Ukrainian], Vol. 2, Kamenyar, Lviv (1999), pp. 213–219.Google Scholar