Residual service life of thin-walled structural elements under biaxial cyclic loading
- 27 Downloads
We generalize the energy approach to the evaluation of the residual service life of structural elements under biaxial loading proposed somewhat earlier. On this basis, we construct a mathematical model aimed at the evaluation of the period of subcritical growth of a fatigue crack in the plate subjected to biaxial cyclic loading. The model is used to analyze the influence of the parameters of biaxial cyclic loading on the period of subcritical growth of the fatigue crack.
KeywordsFatigue Crack Stress Intensity Factor Service Life Stress Intensity Factor Energy Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Schijve, “Fatigue of structures and materials and the state-of-the-art,” in: Proc. of the ECF14, Vol. 3 (2002), pp. 211–262.Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Panasyuk (editor), Fracture Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Vol. 4: O. N. Romaniv, S. Ya. Yarema, G. N. Nikiforchin, et al., Fatigue and Cyclic Crack Resistance of Structural Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988–1990).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Trufyakov and V. S. Koval’chuk, “Determination of the service life under two-frequency loading (a survey),” Probl. Prochn., No. 9, 9–15, No. 10, 15–20 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Romanov and M. M. Gadenin, “Resistance to isothermal deformation and fracture under two-frequency loading,” in: Proc. of the All-Union Symp. on Low-Cycle Fatigue at Elevated Temperatures [in Russian], Issue 2, Chelyabinsk (1974), pp. 113–127.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Ya. Filatov, “Fatigue resistance for stress cycles of complex form (a survey),” Zavod. Lab., 34, No. 3, 331–336 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.O. E. Andreikiv, M. V. Lishchyns’ka, and Ju. Polanski, “Fatigue fracture of materials with inhomogeneous rheological properties,” in: Mater. XVIII Symp. nt. Zmęczenie Materiałów i Konstrukcji, Bydgoszcz-Pieczyska (2000), pp. 11–20.Google Scholar
- 8.O. E. Andreikiv, Ya. L. Ivanyts’kyi, Z. O. Terlets’ka, and M. B. Kit, “Evaluation of the durability of a pipe of oil pipeline with surface crack under biaxial block loading,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 40, No. 3, 103–108 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Shata and Z. Terlets’ka, “Energy approach in the mechanics of fatigue propagation of macrocracks,” in: Fracture Mechanics and Strength of Materials [in Ukrainian], Kamenyar, Lviv (1999), pp. 141–148.Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Panasyuk, Mechanics of Quasibrittle Fracture of Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1999).Google Scholar
- 11.V. T. Troshchenko, V. V. Pokrovs’kyi, and Yu. S. Skorenko, “Regularities of the development of fatigue cracks in structural steels under two-frequency loading,” Probl. Prochn., No. 10, 30–39 (1985).Google Scholar