Solution of nonstationary problems for composite bodies with cracks by the method of integral equations
- 22 Downloads
We study the problem of nonstationary loading of a plane crack in a bimaterial body formed as a result of perfect bonding of two elastic half spaces made of different materials. In the spectral region of the Fourier transformation with respect to time, the problem is reduced to boundary integral equations for the functions of dynamic crack opening displacements. In deducing the equations, we satisfy the conditions of conjugation of the half spaces. As a result of the numerical solution of equations and finding the originals, we get the time dependences of the stress intensity factors in the vicinity of a penny-shaped crack perpendicular to the interface of materials for various profiles of normal dynamic loads and various ratios of the moduli of elasticity of the components of the analyzed composite.
KeywordsStress Intensity Factor Half Space Crack Opening Displacement Boundary Integral Equation Elastic Half Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Panasyuk, Mechanics of Quasibrittle Fracture of Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.M. V. Khai and A. I. Stepanyuk, “On the interaction of cracks in a piecewise homogeneous body,” Prikl. Mekh., 28, No. 12, 46–56 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Ueda, “Dynamic interaction of two parallel penny-shaped cracks in a layered composite under the incidence of torsional impact wave,” Trans. JSME: Ser. A, 52, No. 482, 2451–2458 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Ya. Zhbadyns’kyi, V. V. Mykhas’kiv, and O. I. Stepanyuk, “The problem of steady deformation of a piecewise homogeneous body with coplanar cracks,” Akust. Visn., 6, No. 4, 27–32 (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.V. Z. Stankevich, B. M. Stasyuk, and O. M. Khai, “Solution of the dynamic problem of interaction of coplanar cracks in a half space with restrained surface by using boundary integral equations,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., 46, No. 1, 153–159 (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.V. T. Grinchenko and V. V. Meleshko, Harmonic Oscillations and Waves in Elastic Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1981).Google Scholar