Investigation of the development of localized corrosion-induced defects of welded pipes of elements of the water-steam channels of thermal electric power plants
- 42 Downloads
We propose a method for the evaluation and perform prognostic assessments of the maximum depth of corrosion-induced defects in the components of combined circular welded joints of the pipes. The method is based on the use of fundamental electrochemical parameters of the materials of welded joints obtained by standard potentiometric methods and the developed numerical-analytic procedure of determination of the density of corrosion current on the inner surface of the pipe in which the analyzed combined welded joint is regarded as a three-electrode electrochemical system.
KeywordsWelding Zone Corrosion Damage Corrosion Current Ukrainian Academy Kh18N10T Steel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Dmytrakh, A. B. Vainman, M. G. Stashchuk, and L. Tot, “Reliability and durability of structural elements of thermal power-generating equipment,” in: V. V. Panasyuk (editor), Fracture Mechanics and Strength of Materials. A Handbook [in Ukrainian], Vol. 7, Akademperiodika, Kiev (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Dmytrakh and V. V. Panasyuk, Influence of Corrosive Media on the Local Fracture of Metals Near Stress Concentrations [in Ukrainian], Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Lviv (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.R. L. Leshchak and O. L. Bilyi, “Influence of the period of operation on the corrosion properties of combined welded joints of the pipes for thermal power-generating equipment,” in: Proc. of the XIX Open Sci.-Eng. Conf. of Young Scientists and Experts at the Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences (KMN-2005) [in Ukrainian], Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Lviv (2005), pp. 35–40.Google Scholar
- 4.O. Bilyi and R. Leshchak, “Analysis of the kinetics of localized corrosion defects of welded joints of the pipes in elements of the water-steam channel,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 42, Special Issue No. 5, 84–89 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. Ya. Iossel and G. É. Klenov, Mathematical Methods for the Assessment of Electrochemical Corrosion and Protection of Metals. A Handbook [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.B. I. Kolodii, I. M. Dmytrakh, and O. L. Bilyi, “The method of equivalent electrode for the evaluation of electrochemical currents in corrosion pits,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 38, No. 5, 27–31 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. M. Kolotyrkin, Metals and Corrosion [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar