N. Gilbert and K. G. Troitzch, Simulation for the Social Scientist
Open University Press, 2005, 312 pp, £ 24.99, ISBN: 0-335-21600-5 (paperback) 0-335-21601-3 (hardback)
Reviews and Overviews
- 161 Downloads
KeywordsAgent Base Simulation Social Simulation Shopper Model Artificial Society Advanced Issue
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Axelrod, R. (1995). A model of the emergence of new political actors. In N. Gilbert & R. Conte (Eds.), Artificial societies: The computer simulation of social life. London: UCL Press.Google Scholar
- Axelrod, R. (1997). Advancing the art of simulation in the social sciences. Japanese Journal for Management Information System - Special Issue on Agent-Based Modeling, 12(3), 2003. Note: This is an updated version of an article originally published in Rosaria Conte, Rainer Hegselmann and Pietro Terna (Eds.), Simulating social phenomena (pp. 21–40). Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Axtell, R., & Epstein, J. (1996). Growing artificial societies: Social science from the bottom up. Brookings/MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Doran, J. E., Palmer, M., Gilbert, N., & Mellars, P. (1994). The eos project: modelling upper paleolithic social change. In J. E. Doran & N. Gilbert (Eds.), The computer simulation of social phenomena. London: UCL Press.Google Scholar
- Forrester, J. W. (1968). Principles of systems, 2nd preliminary edn. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, (1st edn 1968).Google Scholar
- Shelling, T. C. (1971). Dynamic models of segregation. Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 1, 143–186.Google Scholar
- Todd, P. M. (1997). Searching for the next best mate. In R. Conte, R. Hegselmann, & P. Terna (Eds.), Simulating social phenomena. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Wander Jager, R. P., & van de Sande, H. (2001). Clustering and fighting in two-party crowds: Simulating the approach-avoidance conflict. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 4(3) http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/JASSS/4/3/7.htm.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2008