Language education policy in late modernity: insights from situated approaches—commentary
KeywordsLanguage Policy Political Agenda Political Discourse Language Planning Critical Discourse Analysis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berliner, D., & Biddle, B. J. (1995). The manufactured crisis: Myths, fraud, and the attacks on America’s schools. New York: Perseus Books.Google Scholar
- Blumenstyk, G. (2014). American higher education in crisis? What everyone needs to know. New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Chilton, P. (2004). Analyzing political discourse: Theory and practice. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Dawson, C. (2010). The crisis of Western education. Washington, DC: Catholic University of America Press.Google Scholar
- Farber, B. A. (1991). Crisis in education: Stress and burnout in the American teacher. New York: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Figlio, D., & Loeb, S. (2011). School accountability. In E. A. Hanushek, S. Machin, & L. Woessmann (Eds.), Handbooks in economics (Vol. 3, pp. 383–421). North-Holland, Netherlands: Elesevier.Google Scholar
- Hout, M., & Elliott, S. W. (Eds.). (2011). Incentives and test-based accountability in education. Washington: National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- McCarty, T. (2011). Introducing ethnography and language policy. In T. McCarty (Ed.), Ethnography and language policy (pp. 1–28). New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Moore, H. (2002). “Who will guard the guardians themselves?” National interest versus factional corruption in policymaking for ESL in Australia. In J. W. Tollefson (Ed.), Language policies in education: Critical issues (1st ed., pp. 111–135). New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Scheufele, D. A., & Iyengar, S. (2011). The state of framing research: A call for new directions. http://pcl.stanford.edu/research/2011/scheufele-framing.pdf.
- Stritikus, T. T., & Garcia, E. (2003). The role of theory and policy in the educational treatment of language minority students: Competitive structures in California. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 11(26), 1–30.Google Scholar
- Taylor, M. C. (2010). Crisis on campus: A bold plan for reforming our colleges and universities. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.Google Scholar
- Thomas B. Fordham Foundation. (1999). The quest for better teachers: Grading the states. Washington: Author.Google Scholar
- Tollefson, J. W. (2014). Language policy-making in multilingual education: Mass media and the framing of medium of instruction. Current Issues in Language Planning 15(4). Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14664208.2014.947018.
- van Dijk, T. (1996). Discourse, power and access. In C. R. Caldas-Coulthard & M. Coulthard (Eds.), Texts and practices: Readings in critical discourse analysis (pp. 84–105). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Wodak, R., & Meyer, M. (2009). Critical discourse analysis: History, agenda, theory and methodology. In R. Wodak & M. Meyer (Eds.), Methods of critical discourse analysis (2nd ed., pp. 1–33). London: Sage.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2015