Synthesis of Hybrid Peptidomimetics and Neoglycoconjugates Employing Click Protocol: Dual Utility of Poc-Group for Inserting Carbamate-Triazole Units into Peptide Backbone
- 216 Downloads
Synthesis of new types of peptidomimetics and glycosylated amino acids possessing 1,2,3-triazole and carbamate moieties is described. Poc-protected amino acid esters/1-amino sugars were subjected to Cu(I) catalyzed [2+3]cycloaddition with desired azides under click protocol to obtain novel peptide and carbohydrate mimetics. The reaction is rapid, efficient and all the products are isolated in good yield and excellent purity.
KeywordsPeptidomimetics Click chemistry Poc-group 1,2,3-triazole Carbamate Hybrid mimetics
We thank the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India (Grant no. SR/S1/OC/26-2008) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi (Grant No. 01(2323)/09/EMR-II) for the financial assistance. One of the authors RSL thanks University Grants Commission, New Delhi for the award of Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship. Departments of Organic Chemistry and Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India are thanked for spectral data.
- Goodman M, Felix A, Moroder L, Toniolo C (eds) (2003) Synthesis of peptides and peptidomimetics (Houben-Weyl). Georg Thieme Verlag, Stuttgart, vol E22c and references cited thereinGoogle Scholar
- Huisgen R (1984) In: Padwa A (ed) 1,3-Dipolar cycloaddition chemistry. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Ilankumaran P, Manoj N, Chandrasekaran S (1996) Prop-2-ynyl as a protective group for carboxylic acids: a mild method for the highly selective deprotection of prop-2-ynyl esters using tetrathiomolybdate. Chem Commun 1957–1958Google Scholar
- May BCH, Abell AD (2002) α-Methylene tetrazole-based peptidomimetics: synthesis and inhibition of HIV protease. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans I:172–178Google Scholar
- Nielson PE (ed) (2004) Pseudo-peptides in drug discovery. Wiley-VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- Sewald N, Jakubke H-D, (eds) (2002) Peptides: chemistry and biology. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, p 354Google Scholar
- Sureshbabu VV, Chennakrishnareddy G, Hemantha HP (2010) Synthesis of thioureido-linked peptidomimetics, glycosylated amino acids and neoglycoconjugates using bis(benzotriazolyl)methanethione as thioacylating agent. Synlett 715–720Google Scholar
- Whiting M, Tripp JC, Lin Y-C, Lindstorm W, Olson AJ, Elder JH, Sharpless BK, Fokin VV (2006b) Rapid discovery and structure-activity profiling of novel inhibitors of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease enabled by the Copper(I)-catalyzed synthesis of 1,2,3-triazoles and their further functionalization. J Med Chem 49:7697–7710CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar