On the eliminating attempts toward Šesták–Berggren equation
- 228 Downloads
Some recent commentaries doubt the originality of Šesták–Berggren equation even though it received until today almost eight hundred citation responses. The worth of SB equation is examined in terms of general logistic equation showing its divergent philosophical strategy from dissimilar orthodox geometrical modeling in kinetics. The use of appended terms ‘truncated’ and ‘extended’ is questioned.
KeywordsŠesták–Berggren equation Logistics Kinetics Truncated Extended
The results were developed within the CENTEM project, reg. no. CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0088, that is co-funded by the ERDF as part of the MEYS—Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports OP RDI Program, and in the follow-up sustainability stage, supported through the CENTEM PLUS (LO 1402) by financial aid of above MEYS under the “National Sustainability Program I.”
- 1.Verhulst PF. Recherches mathématiques sur la loi d’accroisement de la population. Mem. Acad. R. Bruxelles. 1844;18:1–10.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Šesták, Modeling of Reaction Mechanism: Use of Euclidian and Fractal Geometry, Chapter 10 in His Book: Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies: a Generalized Approach to Thermal Analysis (Elsevier, Amsterdam 2005), pp. 276–314Google Scholar
- 7.M. Meloun, J. Militký, Nonlinear Regression Models, Chapter 8 in their book: Statistical Data Analysis: a practical guide (Woodhead, Cambridge, 2011), pp. 667–768Google Scholar
- 10.Burnham AK. Response to statements by Professor Šesták concerning logistic equations in kinetics. J. Thermal. Anal. Calorim. 2016. doi: 10.1007/s10973-015-5216-6.
- 11.Vyazovkin S. The truncated Šesták–Berggren equation is still the Šesták–Berggren equation, just truncated. J. Thermal. Anal. Calorim. 2016. doi: 10.1007/s10973-015-5215-7.
- 16.N.G. Heal, An explanation of the Šesták–Berggren equation. Submitted to Thernochim. Acta (2000) but rejected for publicationGoogle Scholar
- 17.Akulov NS. Basics of Chemical Dynamics. Moscow: Moscow State University; 1940. p. 56 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 18.Prodan AE. Heterogeneous Chemical Reactions. (Minsk, Nauka i Technika 1965), p. 22 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 19.Akulov NS. On the genesis of chemical reactions. Comp. Rend. Acad. Sci. URSS. 1940;28:135–8 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 20.Kolmogorov A. Statistical theory for the recrystallization of metals. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Izv. Ser. Matem. 1937;1:355 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 21.Gorbachev VM. Aspects of Šesták’s generalized equation applied to thermal analysis kinetic. Zh. Fiz. Khim. USSR. 1977;51:1100 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 24.Šesták J, Fiala J, Gavrichev SK. Evaluation of the professional worth of scientific papers, their citation responding and the publication authority of Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (presented at RCTAC, St Petersburg, September 2016). J. Therm. Anal. Calorim (submitted).Google Scholar