Crystallization and sintering behaviors of the polyphosphate glass doped with Zn and Mn
- 192 Downloads
The crystallization and sintering behaviors of polyphosphate glass doped with trace elements Zn and Mn were examined. The heating experiments on bulk and powder glass samples were performed. The parent glass revealed low crystallization ability and the glass crystallization carried out under simultaneous acting of the surface and volume mechanisms. The bulk glass sample isothermally heated at T c = 500 °C commences to crystallize after 12 h, and KPO3 and Ca2KP3O10 crystalline phases appeared. The dendritic morphology of the crystals growing on sample surface was determined. The DTA and HSM results showed that the sintering and crystallization processes are independent. Phosphate glass-ceramics containing KPO3, K2Mg(PO3)4, Ca(PO3)2 and KCa(PO3)3 crystalline phases has been prepared by sintering of the glass powder compacts at T c = 500 °C for t = 12 h. A plate-like morphology of crystals which grow on glass grains surface was observed. The activation energies of crystal growth, E a,k = (246.6 ± 19.74) kJ mol−1 (Kissinger) and E a,oz = (258.80 ± 19.70) kJ mol−1 (Ozawa), were calculated.
KeywordsPolyphosphate glass Crystallization Sintering Glass-ceramics DTA
The authors are grateful to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia for financial support (Projects 34001 and 172004).
- 6.Richard KB. Review: the structure of simple phosphate glasses. J Non-Cryst Solids. 2000;263&264:1–28.Google Scholar
- 18.Siligardi C, D’Arrigo MC, Leonelli C. Sintering behaviour of glass-ceramic frits. Am Ceram Soc Bull. 2000;79(9):88–92.Google Scholar
- 25.Dias AG, Tsuru K, Hayakawa T, Lopes MA, Santos JD, Osaka A. Crystallisation studies of biodegradable CaO–P2O5 glass with MgO and TiO2 for bone regeneration applications. Glass Technol. 2004;45(2):78–9.Google Scholar
- 27.Hussin R, Abu Bakar NH, Nadhirah MN, Karim D, Shamsuri NW, Fazliana DN, Halim A, Husin MS, Hamdan S, Ahmad NE, Hashim IH, Bakar I. Short range structure of sodium calcium phosphate glass by Infrared and Raman spectroscopy. Solid State Sci Technol. 2011;19(2):128–36.Google Scholar
- 28.Nyquist RA. Handbook of infrared and Raman spectra of inorganic compounds and organics salts. London: Academic Press; 1997.Google Scholar
- 30.Fatma H, El-Batal. UV–visible, infrared, Raman and ESR spectra of gamma-irradiated TiO2-doped soda lime phosphate glasses. Indian J Pure Appl Phys. 2009;47:631–42.Google Scholar