Synthesis, spectral characterization, thermal analysis and electrochemistry properties of Ni(II) complexes derived from azo dyes
- 223 Downloads
Three new complexes of nickel(II) prepared from azo-containing salicylaldimine ligands with nickel(II) acetate. The prepared complexes were characterized by IR, UV–Vis, elemental analysis, fluorescence and 1H NMR spectroscopy. Thermal properties and decomposition possibilities of nickel(II) complexes are suggested. The interpretation of all thermal decomposition stages has been evaluated. Electronic structure of the complexes indicated that the absorption between 450 and 528 nm, which were the lowest energy transfers in the complexes, was attributed to the metal–ligand charge-transfer transitions. The redox behavior of nickel(II) complexes studied by cyclic voltammetry. All the synthesized complexes can serve as potential photoactive materials as indicated from their characteristic fluorescence properties.
KeywordsNickel(II) acetate Cyclic voltammetry Fluorescence Thermal properties Dinuclear
The author would like to thank the Research Council of Payame Noor University for the financial support of this research.
- 23.Nakamoto K. Infrared and Raman spectra of inorganic and coordination compounds. 3rd ed. New York: Wiley Interscience; 1977. p. 296.Google Scholar
- 28.Lever ABP. Inorganic electronic spectroscopy. 2nd ed. New York: Elsevier; 1984.Google Scholar
- 31.Blake AB, Chipperfield JR, Hussain W, Paschke R, Sinn E. Effects of ligand substituents (F for H; OR for R) on mesogenic properties of M(Salen) derivatives (M = Cu, Ni, VO). New fluoro-substituted complexes and crystal structure of the mesogen Ni(5hexylSalen). Inorg Chem. 1995;34:1125–9.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Paschke R, Balkow D, Baumeister U, Hartung H, Chipperfield TJR, Blake AB, Nelson PG, Gray GW. Di(5-substituted-salicylidene)ethylene diaminato-complexes (Part II). Mesomorphic properties of Di(5-alkylsalicylidene)ethylene diaminato Nickel(II) and Copper(II) complexes and an X-ray structure determination of Di(5-hexyloxy salicylidene)ethylenediaminato Nickel(II). Mol Cryst Liq Cryst. 1990;188:105–18.Google Scholar
- 36.Ramadan SH, Ghosh R, Lu TH, Ghosh BK. Chelating N,N′-(bis(pyridin-2-yl)alkylidene)propane-1,3-diamine pseudohalide copper(II) and cadmium(II) coordination compounds: synthesis, structure and luminescence properties of[M(bpap)(X)]ClO4 and [M(bpap)(X)2] [M = Cu, Cd; X = N3 −, NCS−]. Polyhedron. 2005;24:1525–35.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 38.Bose D, Banerjee J, SkH Rahaman, Mostafa G, Fun H-K, Bailey WRD, Zaworotko MJ, Ghosh BK. Polymeric end-to-end bibridged cadmium(II)thiocyanates containing monodentate and bidentate N-donor organic blockers: supramolecular synthons based on π–π and/or C–H···π interactions. Polyhedron. 2004;23:2045–53.CrossRefGoogle Scholar