Thermal decomposition of tetraethyl ammonium tetrafluoroborate
Thermal decomposition of tetraethyl ammonium tetrafluoroborate has been studied employing simultaneous techniques of TG–DTG–DSC—quadrupole mass spectrometric techniques in an inert atmosphere of pure Helium gas at a sample heating rate of 5 K min−1 employing a platinum crucible. The observed decomposition paths are the most commonly expected Hofmann elimination and substitution reactions paths.
KeywordsDecomposition Tetraethyl Ammonium Tetrafluoroborate Thermal
Dr. M. R. R. Prasad would like to express his sincere thanks to M/s. Netzsch-Geratebau Germany for extending their instrumental facility support in carrying out this research work. He also would like to express his sincere thanks to Dr. B. Sreedhar, Principal Scientist, IICT, Hyderabad in extending his valuable support by participating in the technical discussion on this subject.
- 1.Flanigen EM. A comprehensive review article concerning both high- silica zeolites and silica molecular sieves. Proceedings of international conference on Zeolites, 5th, Heyden, London; 1980. p. 760–780.Google Scholar
- 3.Acara NA. Aluminosilicates of zeolite n structure. US Patent 3,414,602; 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.Rubin MK, Rosinski, EJ, Plank CJ. Crystalline zeolite ZSM-34 and method of preparing the same. US Patent 4,086,186; 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.See EG. Gmelin Handbook, 8th Edn. Boron compounds. 2nd Supplement. 1982;2:53–6.Google Scholar
- 18.Chunhong L, Peter W, Constantina L. Effect of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) in carbon-based composite electrodes for electrochemical supercapacitors. Thesis submitted in Division of Mechanical, Medical and Aerospace Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2, 7XH, UK; 2011.Google Scholar
- 19.Brandon EJ, Smart MC, West WC. Low temperature double-layer capacitors. US Patent No. 8081418 (B2/20/2011); 2011.Google Scholar
- 32.Morrison RT, Boyd RN. Organic chemistry. 4th ed. London: Allyn and Bacon; 1983. p. 30.Google Scholar
- 34.Schultz TM. Ph. D. thesis, two and three dimensional systems studied using x-ray crystallographic techniques, Chap. 3, Aarhus University, Denmark; 1998.Google Scholar
- 36.Kobler H, Munz R, Gasser AG, Simchen G. A simple synthesis of functional anions with tetraalkylammonium. Liebigs Ann Chem. 1978; 1937–1945.Google Scholar