Synthesis, characterization, and thermal behavior of palladium(II) coordination compounds containing isonicotinamide
- 102 Downloads
Palladium(II) coordination compounds of general formula trans-[PdX2(isn)2], X = Cl− (1), N3 − (2), SCN− (3), NCO− (4), isn = isonicotinamide; were synthesized and characterized in solid state by elemental analysis, infrared spectroscopy, and simultaneous TG–DTA. TG experiments reveal that the compounds 1–4 undergo thermal decomposition in three or four stages, yielding Pd0 as final residue, according to calculus and identification by X-ray powder diffraction.
KeywordsPalladium(II) Isonicotinamide TG–DTA IR spectroscopy
We thank CAPES, CNPq, FAPEMIG, and FAPESP for financial support.
- 4.Moro AC, Mauro AE, Netto AVG, Ananias SR, Quilles MB, Carlos IZ, Pavan FR, Leite CQF, Hörner M. Antitumor and antimycobacterial activities of cyclopalladated complexes: X-ray structure of [Pd(C2,N-dmba)(Br)(tu)] (dmba = N,N-dimethylbenzylamine, tu = thiourea). Eur J Med Chem. 2009;44:4611–5.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.de Souza RA, Stevanato A, Treu-Filho O, Netto AVG, Mauro AE, Castellano EE, Carlos IZ, Pavan FR, Leite CQF. Antimycobacterial and antitumor activities of palladium(II) complexes containing isonicotinamide (isn): X-ray structure of trans-[Pd(N3)2(isn)2]. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:4863–8.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Mauro AE, Caires ACF, Santos RHA, Gambardella MTP. Cycloaddition reaction of the azido-bridged cyclometallated complex [Pd(dmba)N3]2 with CS2. Crystal and molecular structure of di(μ-N, S-1,2,3,4-thiatrizole-5-thiolate)bis[(N,N-dimethylbenzylamine-C2,N)palladium(II)]. J Coord Chem. 1999;48:521–8.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Santana AM, Mauro AE, de Almeida ET, Netto AVG, Klein SI, Santos RHA, Zóia JR. 1,3-Dipolar cycloaddition of CS2 to the coordinated azide in the cyclopalladated [Pd(bzan)(μ-N3)]2. Crystal and molecular structure of di(μ-N, S-1,2,3,4-thiotriazole-5-thiolate)bis[(benzylideneaniline-C2,N) palladium(II)]. J Coord Chem. 2001;53:163–72.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Heck RF. Palladium reagents in organic synthesis: best synthetic methods. New York: Academic Press; 1985.Google Scholar
- 15.Treu Filho O, Pinheiro JC, da Costa EB, Kondo RT, de Souza RA, Nogueira VM, Mauro AE. Theoretical and experimental study of the infrared spectrum of isonicotinamide. J Mol Struct. 2006;763:175–9.Google Scholar
- 16.Netto AVG, Frem RCG, Mauro AE. Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of a novel coordination polymer of palladium(II) with pyrazole and azido ligands. Mol Cryst Liq Cryst. 2002;374:255–60.Google Scholar
- 19.Powder Diffraction File of the Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards. Sets 1-32, published by the International Center of Diffraction Data, Swarthmore, PA 19081, USA, 1982.Google Scholar