Kinetic studies of urban solid residues and leachate from sanitary landfill
- 92 Downloads
Urban solid residues are constituted of food remaining, grass leaves, fruit peelings, paper, cardboard, rubber, plastic, etc. The organic fraction formed represents about 50% during the decomposition yields biogas and leachate, which are sources of pollution. Residue samples were collected from the landfill in different and cells from several ages and the corresponding leachate, both after treatments, were submitted to thermal analysis. Kinetic parameters were determined using Flynn–Wall–Ozawa method. The linear relation between the two kinetic parameters (ln A and E) was verified for organic residue urban’s samples, but not for leachate’s sample. The occurred difference can be attributed to the constituents present in leachate.
KeywordsKinetic parameters Landfill Leachate
The authors wish to thank the Air Force Academic—AFA, Pirassununga, SP.
- 1.Frésca FRC. Dissertação de Mestrado em Ciência de Engenharia Ambiental, Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos. São Paulo: Universidade de São Paulo; 2007. p. 131.Google Scholar
- 5.Flynn JH, Wall J. General treatment of the thermogravimetry of polymers. Nat Bur Stand. 1966;70 A:487–523.Google Scholar
- 8.American Society for Testing and Mateirals. E 698-99: standard test method for Arrhenius symmetries for thermally unstable material. West Conshohocken: American Society for Testing and Mateirals; 2000. p. 7.Google Scholar
- 9.Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas. NBR 10.004. Resíduos sólidos: classificação. Rio de Janeiro; 2004.Google Scholar
- 10.http://www.guianet.com.br/sp/mapasp.html. Acessado em 15/02/2007.
- 11.Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas. NBR 10.007. Amostragem de resíduos sólidos. Rio de Janeiro; 2004.Google Scholar