Electrical conductivity studies on some dibenzoylmethane arylhydrazones (DBMAH)
- 52 Downloads
Electrical conductivity of some dibenzoylmethane arylhydrazones (DBMAH) were measured during heating and reheating runs. The observed variation of the conductance of the polycrystalline sample during thermal agitation was found to depend on the ordering and disordering of molecules which in turn cause the lattice dipole to distort. A semiconducting behavior was detected for these systems as it was deduced from their conductance values (1.7 × 10−6 − 8.25 × 10−7 ohm−1 cm−1). The presence of substituents affects markedly the measured electrical conductivity and calculated activation energy values.
KeywordsHydrazones Dibenzoylmethane Electrical conductivity Activation energy
- 1.Pati S, editor. The chemistry of the hydrazo, azo and azoxy groups. London: Wiley; 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.Toth B. Tumorigenesis studies with 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride, hydrazine sulfate, and isonicotinic acid in golden Hamster. Cancer Res. 1972;32:804–7.Google Scholar
- 4.Luckens RJ. Chemistry of antifungal action. Berlin: Springer Verlag; 1972.Google Scholar
- 9.Kopleva TS, Shigoin DN. Theoretical study of proton encircling modes in proton sponges with tetraamido/diamido qudermized macrocycles: thr role of π-conjugation and aliphatic bridges. Russ J Phys Chem. 1974;48:312.Google Scholar
- 11.Bertolassi V, Ferreti V, Gilli P, Issa YM, Sherif OE. Intramolecular N-H.….O Hydrogen bonding assisted by resonance, Part 2-Intercorrelation between structural and spectroscopic parameters for five 1, 3-diketone arylhydrazones derived from dibenzoylmethane. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans. 1993;2:2223–8.Google Scholar
- 12.Bertolassi V, Nanni L, Gilli P, Ferreti V, Gilli G, Issa YM. Sherif OE Intramolecular N-HOC hydrogen bonding assisted by resonance inter-correlation between structural and spectroscopic data for six β-biketo-arylhydrazones derived from bonzoylacetone or acetylacetone. New J Chem. 1994;18:251–61.Google Scholar
- 13.Salem AA, Issa YM, Ayad MI, El Kholy M. Electrical, spectral and thermochromic properties of some hydrazone derivatives. J Mat Sci Mat Electron. 1994;5:199–202.Google Scholar
- 17.Shamsipur M, Taskhourian J, Sharghi H (2005) Development of a PVC-membrane ion-selective bulk optode, for UO2 2+ ion, based on tri-n-octylphosphine oxide and dibenzoylmethane. Anal Biomed Anal. doi: 10.1007/s00216-005-3225-1.
- 18.Stanimirov SS, Petkov IK (2008) Novel pH responsive luminescent poly(oxyethylene phosphate) tris (β-diketonate) europium (III) complexes. Cent Eur J Chem. doi: 10.2478/s11532-008-0035-2.
- 24.El-Ansary AL, Issa YM, Mohamed HA. Spectrophotometric studies on some β-diketo-arylhydrazones. Kolriszt Erte 1987;141–52.Google Scholar