Experimental and theoretical cooling velocity profile inside laser welded metals using keyhole approximation and Boubaker polynomials expansion
- 124 Downloads
In this paper we are concerned with the t-dependent cooling velocity during laser welding sequences. The temperature profile has been yielded by using keyhole approximation for the melted zone and solving the heat transfer equation. A polynomial expansion has been adopted as a guide to determining the cooling velocity during welding cut-off stage. A thorough comparison with experimental results and recently published profiles has been carried out.
KeywordsLaser welding Keyhole model Cooling velocity Boubaker polynomials Temperature profiling
PACS02.00.00 02.30.Jr 02.60.Lj
The authors would like to acknowledge help and assistance from Associate Prof. Dr K. Boubaker from University of Tunis (Tunisia).
- 8.Ghanouchi J, Labiadh H, Boubaker K. An attempt to solve the heat transfer equation in a model of pyrolysis spray using 4q-order Boubaker polynomials. Int J Heat Technol. 2008;26:49–53.Google Scholar
- 11.Labiadh H. A Sturm-Liouville shaped characteristic differential equation as a guide to establish a quasi-polynomial expression to the Boubaker polynomials. J Differ Equ Control Process. 2007;2:117–33.Google Scholar
- 14.Paul A, Debroy T. Free surface flow and heat transfer in conduction mode laser welding. Metall Mater Trans B. 1988;19:851–8.Google Scholar
- 16.Belcher SL. Practical guide to injection blow molding. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2007. ISBN 0824757912, 9780824757915.Google Scholar
- 17.Santos CAC, Quaresma JNN, Lima JA. Convective heat transfer in ducts: the integral transform approach. Brazil: E-papers Servicos Editoriais Ltd; 2001. ISBN 8587922238, 9788587922236.Google Scholar
- 23.Al-Kazzaz H, Medraj M, Caoand X, Jahazi M. Nd:YAG laser welding of aerospace grade ZE41A magnesium alloy: modeling and experimental investigations. Mater Chem Phys. 2008;109:61–76.Google Scholar
- 28.Wu CS, Wang HG, Zhang YM. A new heat source model for keyhole plasma arc welding in FEM analysis of the temperature profile. Weld J. 2006;85:284–9.Google Scholar