Thermal analysis study of the effect of coal-burning additives on the combustion of coals
- 130 Downloads
Thermal analysis is widely used in combustion research for both fundamental and practical investigations. Efficient combustion of coals in cement industry is very important and necessary. In this research, the effects of three coal-burning additives on burning behaviour of bituminous coal and anthracite were studied with the help of thermogravimetry (TG) and differential scanning calorimetric (DSC) analysis. The kinetic study was carried out and the results were presented. The results showed that the coal-burning additives especially LSZ can reduce the ignition temperature, increase the ignition index D i, combustion ending index D f and affect the activation energy of the coal samples studied. The coal-burning additives especially LSZ can improve coal combustion effectiveness.
Keywordscoal-burning additives DSC TG thermal analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.N. Qihong and S. Shaozeng, J. Combust. Sci. Technol., 1 (2001) 72.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Liang, L. Lu-ping, Z. Jie-ming, Y. Hong-jie and B. Xiang-yan, J. Chang Sha University of Science and Technology (Natural Science), 4 (2005) 44.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Yanhua, C. Defu and L. Yintan, J. XI’AN Jiaotong University, 9 (2000) 21.Google Scholar
- 11.X. Junlin, W. Guiming and Y. Hong, Bull. Chin. Ceram. Soc., 2 (2002) 58.Google Scholar
- 12.W. Shudong and W. Diyong, J. Fuel Chem. Technol., 3 (1998) 248.Google Scholar
- 14.H. Sis, J. Therm. Anal. Cal., 3 (2007) 864.Google Scholar
- 15.B. Arias, C. Pevida, F. Rubiera and J. J. Pis, J. Therm. Anal. Cal., 3 (2007) 860.Google Scholar