Thermogravimetric analysis of layered double hydroxides with chloramphenicol and salicylate in the interlayer space
- 150 Downloads
The thermal behavior of the new inorganic-organic nanohybrid materials obtained by intercalation of chloramphenicol and salicylate into layered double hydroxides (LDHs) by direct synthesis method, anion exchange reaction and the reconstruction method was evaluated by dynamic thermogravimetric analysis in air, at heating rates of 5°C min−1. The XRD patterns of the samples are characteristic for those of well crystallized solids with layered double hydroxide structures. The FTIR spectroscopy results show the presence of the organic compound within the network structure of the synthesized LDHs. The kinetic parameters (reaction order (n) apparent activation energy (E a) and pre-exponential factor (lnA) were calculated by the Coats-Redfern method. The compensation effects were determined.
Keywordschloramphenicol intercalation layered double hydroxides salicylate thermal degradation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Frunza, G. Carja and M. I. Popa, Scientific Study Res., VI 2 (2005) 173.Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Popa and M. Frunza, Bull. Poly., Insti. Iasi, LII (LVI) (2006) 79.Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Popa, N. Aelenei, M. Irimia and G. Carja, Bull. Sci. Univ. Politech. Timi§oara, 46 (2001) 72.Google Scholar
- 10.B. P. Yu, J. Sun, M. Q Li, H. S. Luo and J. P. Yu, World J. Gastroenterol., 9 (2003) 1427.Google Scholar
- 12.S. H. Hwang, Y. S. Han and J. H. Choy, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 22 (2001) 1019.Google Scholar