Study of isothermal decomposition of lanthanide mixed complexes with 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-3,5-heptanodione and 1,10-phenanthroline
- 30 Downloads
Isothermal decomposition kinetic of three lanthanide mixed complexes with the general formula of Ln(thd)3phen (where Ln=Nd3+, Sm3+ or Er3+, thd=2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-3,5-heptanodione and phen=1,10-phenanthroline) has been studied in this work. The powders were characterized by their melting point, elemental analysis, FTIR spectroscopy and thermogravimetry. The isothermal TG curves have been recorded under the same conditions at 265–285, 265–285 and 250–270°C for Nd(thd)3phen, Sm(thd)3phen and Er(thd)3phen, respectively.
The kinetic parameters, i.e. activation energy, reaction order and frequency factor were obtained through the technique of lineal regression using the relation g(α)=kt+g 0. The analysis was done at decomposed fractions between 0.10–0.90. The values of activation energy were: 114.10, 114.24 and 115.04 kJ mol–1 for the Nd(thd)3phen, Sm(thd)3phen and Er(thd)3phen complexes, respectively. The kinetic models that best described the isothermal decomposition reaction the complexes were R1 and R2. The values of activation energy suggests the following decreasing order of stability: Nd(thd)3phen<Sm(thd)3phen<Er(thd)3phen.
Keywordsactivation energy β-diketone isothermal kinetic lanthanide mixed complexes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marks, TJ 1995Pure Appl. Chem.67313Google Scholar
- 6.Sebbtini, N, Guardigli, M, Manet, I, Ungaro, R, Casnati, A, Ziessel, R, Ulrich, G, Lehn, JM 1995Pure Appl. Chem.67137Google Scholar
- 10.Morais, CRS, Souza, AG, Santa-Cruz, PA 2002J. Alloys Compd.344415Google Scholar
- 12.Lopes, WS, Morais, CRS, Souza, AG 2006Mater. Sci. Forum530–531506Google Scholar
- 16.Körbl, J, Piribil, R, et al. 1990Xilenol orange: new indicator for EDTA titrationEd. Chemist AnalystNew JerseyGoogle Scholar