Thermal analysis of phenylethynyl end-capped fluorinated imide oligomer afr-pepa-4
- 66 Downloads
Thermal analysis of phenylethynyl end-capped imide oligomer AFR-PEPA-4 was performed to characterize cure reaction, thermal stabilities and semicrystalline behavior of AFR-PEPA-4 oligomer and its cured polyimide. Cured AFR-PEPA-4 polyimide showed high T gs up to 418°C. Both AFR-PEPA-4 oligomer and polyimide exhibit excellent thermal stabilities comparable to PETI-5 polyimides. AFR-PEPA-4 imide oligomer has a T m of 330°C and exhibits spherulite crystalline morphology in the film. The crystallinity in AFR-PEPA-4 films could not be regenerated under any annealing conditions after the initial melt.
KeywordsAFR-PEPA-4, phenylethynyl polyimide thermal analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ghosh, MK, Mittal, KL 1996Polyimide: Fundamentals and ApplicationsMarcel Dekker, Inc.New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Connell, JW, Smith Jr., JG, Hergenrother, PM 2000J. Macromol. Sci. Part C: Rev. Macromol. Chem. Phys.40207Google Scholar
- 6.Morgan, RJ, Shin, EE, Lincoln, J, Zhou, J 2001Sampe J.37102Google Scholar
- 8.Hou, TH, Jensen, BJ, Hergenrother, PM 1996J. Compos. Mater.30109Google Scholar
- 11.Fang, X, Xie, X-Q, Simone, CD, Stevens, MP, Scola, DA 1671Macromolecules332000Google Scholar
- 13.Chuang, KC, Waters, JE 1995Int. Sampe Symp. Exhibition401113Google Scholar
- 14.Rice, BP 1997High Temple Workshop XVII, Paper JMontereyCAGoogle Scholar
- 15.Y. Li and R. J. Morgan, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., accepted.Google Scholar