Studying metals and alloys with long term stable TG system
- 26 Downloads
To study the corrosion resistance of metals and alloys, an analysis system needs to be able to simulate the harsh environments to which these materials are subjected. The system must also collect data from metal and alloy samples at elevated temperatures over long periods of time (typically days). Thermogravimetric analyzers (TGs) are well accepted systems for both corrosion studies and long-term elevated temperature studies. However, until now, TGs could conduct either corrosion studies or long-term studies, but not both. This paper presents a TG system specifically designed to satisfy the requirements of long-term corrosion resistance studies of metals and alloys.
Keywordsalloy corrosion long-term metal oxidation TG
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Haslam, JJ, Farmer, JC, Hopper, RW, Wilfinger, KR 2005Metall. Mater. Trans. A36A5Google Scholar
- 2.McMillion, LG, Sun, A, MacDonald, DD, Jones, DA 2005Metall. Mater. Trans. A36A5Google Scholar
- 3.Singh, H, Puri, D, Prakash, S 2005Metall. Mater. Trans. A36A4Google Scholar
- 5.D. Chen and D. McMorran, International Labmate, 1999/2000, Volume XXIV Issue III Guide.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Chen, Thermal Trends, 2005, Winter II.Google Scholar